View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1040
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Just registered for the Lady Lightning U12 team that the Little One has been invited to play on. Should be interesting. Extension of the U14 Lady Lightning, which to date, has been our only youth girls travel team. Really, the only youth level all girls team locally. They have been really competitive and I think related to that success, they are trying to grow the program. That is apparent with the formation of this team, as well as a U16 tournament team.

The U12 Lady Lightning team will play in a "Squirt" U10 house league that is made up of 95% boys. They are a special entry team, most the girls will be playing on one of those other house teams with the boys. They will not practice as a team, just play 17 games. They are going to try to see if travel to a few all girls tournaments is viable.

The kicker, a few of the girls....my daughter included, are playing on travel teams, which would normally preclude them from playing house league. I am interested to see how they are going to compete.

I am sure that we will have more than our fair share of conflicts and probably only play in 10ish games(total guess), but when I ask the Little One about it, she was all in. She REALLY loves the Lady Lightning coach, who will also be coaching this team as well.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote