Thread: Famous Nic 3000
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Famous Nic 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
So I dug out a few of these from the bottom of my cooler recently. They're at least 6 years old (the last time I ordered from Famous), and they're still every bit as good as I can remember...
I think you can consider yourself fortunate S. I remember smoking a couple of robusto' from that time period, and they were very enjoyable cigars. There's a story behind that early batch of cigars that were destined to become a particular brand of cigar, I believe they were called "Series X" made by United Tobacco for Oliva. The Fuente' had an issue with the "X" as they had the "Opus X" and there appeared to be trademark infringements. Thus, the Series X did not make it onto the market under that name.

Now, I'm kinda shootin from the hip, but I'm sure there may be a few hardcore veterans here with a more accurate picture regarding the early release of the Famous 3000 series...