Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #13
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
Yeah, I gave up on reading any series books. Had it happen too many times where the last book never comes out and you're just left hanging.
The Sword of Truth series is completed and finished. It is darn good and pretty epic. They attempted a series of that set of novels as well but it failed as it strayed WAY off course from the books and alienated the entire fan base.

I've never understood that with producers. You have an automatic fan base built right in to any series. Why stray and so far away from the source material where the characters have the same names and that's about it? I mean if the books are so good that it developed a fan base why not attempt to be faithful to the story and attract more fans while not losing the original fans?

This doesn't seem to be the case with Game of Thrones. George R.R. Martin appears to have been very involved with the series and in the small making of segments they've had exact lines lifted from the novels in some inconsequential scenes. It appears to be very faithful to the source material.