View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #48
OpusEx
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (9)
OpusEx will become famous soon enoughOpusEx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ok, I need a real cutter...Xikar or Palio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindedByScience View Post
One bit of advice I'll offer is no matter what you have for a cutter, you need to clean them every so often. I picked up a pack of alcohol wipes at the pharmacy and they are "the bomb" for this job. What happens is that over time, tobacco oils coat the blades and cutting surfaces, making them appear dull and providing a lousy cut. Clean, either of these cutters should last more than a lifetime, but dirty, neither will do the job satisfactorily.

Cheers - B.B.S.
From your mouth to everyones ears! We have a "Use & Care" section on the Palio website addressing this very thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
I own & use Palios. But then again, I know the owner & he shows up at my house every now & then and I dont wanna piss him off
Now you could never piss me off sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
Mike,Palio is owned by a member and brother many of us know personally.

Your satisfaction with his product will be complete.Period.

Thanks Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
I like my Xikar, if you have a good b&m near you and it breaks, or your son tries to cut through a steel bolt with it. They will just swap it for you and do the paperwork to send back your old one. YMMV of course.
We at BOTL, LLC offer the same exact thing and in fact have personally called B&M's to make sure that they knew a Palio customer was going to be coming in and that they were to swap out that persons cutter no questions asked. Once we even had a person who was on vacation go into a shop near where they were staying and made sure to send the version of their cutter to the store, so it was waiting for them.

Lastly, the question in the original post is often asked and to be honest most of the time I see responses that generally say they prefer xikar mostly due to aesthetics.

Though we would never sacrifice any part of what the Palio cutter does for some aesthetic value...

A little teaser for the folks as to what we're working on, thank you all for your support!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PalioXL.jpg (51.5 KB, 174 views)
OpusEx is offline   Reply With Quote