View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #8
stevef2005
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (4)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
stevef2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How did you get into cigars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR1205 View Post
I'm sure there's a thread around here that has addressed this (I couldn't find it if there is), but in the interest of sparking up some good stories and conversation:

How long ago did you get into cigars?

Were you introduced to cigars by someone else or did you decide to try them on your own?

Have you always had the same taste/preference for the cigars you smoke now, or have you done a complete 180 since you started?

What were some of the cigars in your early rotation? Do you still smoke them?

Do you remember your first cigar?

Feel to include anything else worth mentioning...I'm looking forward to reading some good stories, everyone!
Well I started with some "good" ole Black & Milds about 8 years ago. Always just smoked them on and off. About two years ago the fiance and I took a trip to South Beach and while we were there we WAY over payed for some MC Platinum robustos. We walked up and down Ocean Blvd enjoying them. She was the one who started me down the slippery slope with that one MC. After getting back to Oklahoma and recouping some cash I decided to visit local B&M. I got a 20ct humidor and picked up some Acids and another MC (Churchill that time).

My tastes have def evolved though. I started with Acids...had a few Olivas and then discovered the gem that is Undercrown. Undercrown popped my maduro cherry and I have been a sucker for a good maduro since then. I got curious last fall and bought an Acid while I was at the lounge. I made it through an inch before I tossed it. I still keep the Undercrowns in my line up, although I have not had one since I started smoking again as it is getting warmer. My usuals consist of Nica Libre's, Padrons, Undercrowns, FamNic 5000, and pretty much anything maduro.
stevef2005 is offline   Reply With Quote