Old 10-23-2008, 08:15 AM   #57
DavenportESQ
Vaya Con Dios

First Name: David
Trading: (15)
ERdM
DavenportESQ has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3

Today was a fun day in the weight room. First time I've felt that I could push myself, I was much more positive. It was also a less complex day which made me excited to be in and out, with minimal loading.

Speed Bench
We do this to stimulate CNS. We already have a day where we rally load up (floor press) this is more designed as a sport specific (shot put) exercise. We use the Tendo unit( A computer we hook up with measures total watts/and Meters/second) This is also fun because while power lifters can lift a lot, that is not what I need to do, I need to be more dynamic and flexible. I tried to keep everything over 1m/s

warm up sets
185x3
195x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
250x3
250x3
250x3

I did this all with <1 min. rest

Incline DB Bench- I really like these because I get more isolation, and can load up without putting a lot of stress on my shoulder (I have several injuries here)

90x8
100x8
110x8
125x8

That was a new PR for 8 for me. Pretty geeked....I was feeling the "arnold pump" at this point and supersetted Pullups and Tricept extensions

This was nice, instead of going home and crashing I felt like teh workout invigorated me and helped me start my day, which in turn led me to surfing the net looking for cigars ha!