View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #12
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricky101 View Post
Dont want to let out any spoilers, but one of the events in book 3 shortly after the red wedding was one of the saddest things I've ever read in a story. Usually that stuff doesnt get to me, but that sequence did for sure.
I know how you feel. During the red wedding I was driving home after work listening to it on audiobook and I was actually yelling and beating my steering wheel. It probably looked pretty funny to anybody watching me. Book 3 inspired a lot of passion in me. You get so close to certain characters and Martin has a knack for killing off your favorites. Not to get to far into spoilers (stop reading!) but after book 5 I'm just hoping and praying for Jon Snow. I won't say any more than that. I got WAY to close to Robb as he was so much like Eddard. Also Martin also has a way of redeeming characters you once hated so he really balances things out too. I hated Jamie at one point to name one.