View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #2141
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

I used to do that, too, I hated to PAY for charcoal when I had all the fuel I needed in my backyard, which is
heavily wooded. But I had some charcoal as a backstop in case high winds were not expected, lol. Now I am
just kind of lazy and use charcoal, but in truth, I can control the smoke a little better with coals and wood.
And as I have become a freaking smoke-god in my own eyes and in the eyes of my co-workers, lol, I have been
ever more concious of the way my smoke is used. OH, and something that separates me from most of you is, I
have no firebox, so it is much more critical for me to choose my actual fuel. But in the end, it's all good in the
hood, we love what we do, that's why this is about the biggest thread in CA, lol. Looking forward to some good
pics this weekend. I think West TN is getting peed on this weekend, so it will be all I can do just to get my
bacon smoked. But I will take pics of that, too.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote