Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Shilala Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMcGee View Post
On the flip side of this, I have a set of 65 % heartfelt beads that are having incredible trouble keeping the RH in my cooler below 70%. Is there something I should do with what I have or is my only recourse to buy these new beads?
Are you sure they are 65%RH beads? Did they ever hold at 65%?

Test them in a container with a hygrometer. Accidents happen, maybe you were shipped the wrong ones.

Another possibility is that something in there is very wet, could be some cigars (some vendors and retailers tend to ship stuff wet), or it could even be the wood of a box that is too moist, and since coolers don't breathe much, it's going to stay that way until you get what ever it is a bit dryer. If the ambient humidity where you live is lower than 65%, then you can just leave the lid open for a few hours or even a day or so, all depends how wet the problem causer is and how dry the weather is where you live and/or you can also try drying out all of the HF beads with a hair drier, then put them in the cooler - at which point, they will work like a desiccant and pull moisture from the air until they either become saturated or the air drops to 65%.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote