View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Some girl opened a new Ink Cartridge refilling shop in town last week.
I had a ton of old cartridges (I used to refill my own and did professional photography, blah, ,blah) and had sorted them awhile ago so Kerri could list them on ebay. She never did it. For some reason today she mentioned the cartridges, must have came acrossed the list I had made for her to put them on ebay.
Anyways...
I told Kerri to stop by and see if she'd buy them. I sent a great big box.
The chick gave her 30 bucks.
I had tons of other office stuff, toner, ribbons, tons more cartridges, and enough cartridge filling equipment and tools to fill two green garbage bags.
I asked Kerri to drop it off for her cause it'd give her something to do and she can certainly use the tools. I told her not to take any money, cause she had mentioned she gave Kerri her last 30 bucks from the register when she was there earlier.

The girl was ecstatic to get the giant pile of junk.

Fast forward a half hour...
Enterprise Rent-a-Car called me. I had one of their cars last week while I was getting my Envoy fixed. It's been at least a week since I returned it.
I had left my GPS in the car, and they asked if I'd like to come pick it up.

I just thought it might be nice to hear a "no good deed goes unpunished" story. There's a moral in there somewhere, I betcha.
Usually "one good turn deserves another" doesn't play out so quickly.
It gave me moment for pause, and yet another opportunity to give thanks.
Now I'm gonna have a cigar and celebrate the fact that the world doesn't always suck.