Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A tough life decision......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonlady View Post
The house that you are in now can be reproduced if you find what you did didnt work for you. The house you are talking about moving into is your family home. If it wasnt about the money would you do it?
That is the one big negative, I could never reproduce the property I currently have. And about the money question...It is always about the money (debt) with me. If I had this place paid for I would keep it forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
I think it depends on how much enjoyment you're giving up by moving and how long you will have to go without to retire early. I wouldn't want to live a really austere life for 18 years just so I could retire at 50. Those 18 years should be enjoyed, too. And I don't think my answer would change if you were setting yourself up to retire at 40 either. I'm not advocating spending all you have in a carpe diem kind of sense, but if you can add good money to your savings while living well, that seems like a fine formula. We aren't guaranteed to make it to retirement age, whatever age that is.
Really the only enjoyment given up would be my personal. I look around my property and yes I smile (Maybe Ego, maybe accomplishment, I don't know),I have worked my ass off to have what I do already. But the family is all for moving to get closer to civilization. Also don't get me wrong about my folks place, It's a great home/location that most anybody would love to own.
I thought about a second mortgage and equity loan too and I could almost just buy it out of my portfolio too, But that goes against what I am trying to do with carrying no debt or it would empty my current retirement fund.
This is something I have put many years thought in to and yet I still brought it here so yes it is tough for me.I truly believe my family's quality of life would be greatly improved by making this move also as do they.

Health....I was not going to bring this in to it but its a good point Scott. I don't have any weird, funky or strange illness but I have a lot of self inflicted body damage from motorcycle/ATV riding and racing. I broke my back at 17 and have major arthritis,nerve and soft tissue damage. I don't see myself effective working more than another 15-20 years.

Thanks,guys/gals
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote