Squid
Old Man Herfer

Trading: (1)
VR Navy (Retired)
Squid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hail To The Redskins!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro View Post
They have the tools, just not the strategy in my opinion. They are way too conservative on offense and the plays they choose are easily recognized by the defense before the ball is snapped. Its nice to rely on the run especially when you have someone like Portis, but he can't do everything, and when he gets shutdown, the entire team (coaches included) looks lost. They think that 7-10 points are enough to win in this league and when they have a lead, they leave everything up to their defense. Imagine how many games they would've lost over the last few years if it wasn't for their defense playing thei hearts out.

They need to have their offensive playbook completely revamped and a health offensive line. Campbell is getting hit, hurried, and sacked way too much.
I believe we all got sucked in early in the season with the success that they were having early. This is a team that had some weaknesses entering the season, but when they began winning, I really started to believe that maybe Zorn was the guy to get things back on track.

Before your time, but, years ago the Skins had a running back named Larry Brown that WAS the Skins offense. Pure hard nosed runner that played hurt, destroyed his knees, would smash opponents in the mouth with his punishing runs. This is where I've seen the Skins "evolve" their offense to this year. Run the heck out of Portis and then hope to get some support from the receivers along the way. The man is being beat up, terribly and there is no solid support behind him. Betts and Campbell are tied as the second leading rushers on the team! The NFL is a league that requires teams to have two solid runners. I'm not sold totally on Jason Campbell as being the answer, but, I think he progressed a bit under Zorn. Perhaps consistency in coaching may help him....but, I'd still be shopping. Another solid receiver in hopes that the Skins could balance out their offensive attack a bit more. I agree on opening up the playbook, but only when there is solid support at the key positions. Most importantly....the O-line has got to open holes and punish the defenses. The NFC East, week end and week out faces some solid defensive lines and putting together a solid line is essential, otherwise, it doesn't matter what backfield you have.

This past weekend was a perfect opportunity with the Giants and the Boys losing! Dammit!!!
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote