Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
If he wants to be on the ice I say give him all he wants as long as it's fun and he wants to be there.

BTW Mike, the fish bowl is going to cause mental problems down the road. All the churping he's going to have to deal with is going to cause some serious issues.
Took him to the little rink today and watched it for a little while. The head coach of his team also brought his son. I think I understand what your saying though as he mentioned today that his son said he didnt want to skate as much and had complained about skating so much. This came up when I was talking to him about my concearns regarding skating too much. Then we went to the pond skate. On the way home I asked micah what he wanted to do. He chose the game option. No Al I have never once forced the boy on the ice. Just to give you an idea. "Do I have hockey today" is usually the first ghing out of his mouth every morning. If yes the next words are "is it game or practice". Hes a very competitive child. I think we will try it out for a few weeks and see how it goes.

As to the fish bowl. I been watching a little college hockey lately. Seen plenty of boys rocking the bowl. Seems Cali boys often rock the fish bowl.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote