Thread: Metal Detectors
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Metal Detectors

Congrats skinny....I have that exact model. My original Bounty Hunter was kind of lacking something,
and I upgraded (not much) to that model. It has about the same sensitivity, but is generally better
performing I have found. I had a Pioneer EX in the Bounty Hunter line. I generally like the BH's way of
doing things better, but the Fisher wins in the end. For one I do not like the ground reset procedure
on the Fisher. I loved it on the BH. As the morning temp came up and it started to wig out a little bit,
resetting ground sensitivity was a snap. But I settled for the new Fisher way over the months that
ensued after the upgrade. Gotta live with it or leave it in the closet.

Oh and that pinpointer that you likely used to put that Fisher into the research lead, it was a mistake
if you chose the Fisher over another available model in your price range because you wanted the hole
pinpointer. It can't pinpoint a smell near my a55. If you TOUCH metal with it, it might react. But then
again, it might not. Still a good budget metal detector, but a terrible pinpointer. Not worth the batteries
it takes to turn it on.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote