View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #20
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Here's a discussion point that I don't really wanna discuss, but you guys should get a chance to throw input at it.

Team Size.
I'm thinking this...
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, D.I like this option best, I like Defenses being in the mix
Or this...
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K.
Quite frankly, I like 7 guys best. If the TE could be TE/QB/WR/RBI would make this an TE/WR/RB and not allow a QB to be played here...there are only a few awesome QBs, and with them being able to score so much (I know we cut back, but...) it doesn't make sense to allow two of those...plus this gives more of a "real" flex play here. that would suit me because there's really only Jimmy Graham and Tony G and a big question mark at Gronk. I guess Pitta got hurt the other day, if he matters. But the TE world is thin, thin, thin.

So 7 guys playing, 5 on the bench (backup QB, 2WR, 2RB I'm thinking) and 2 IR positions is my vote. Lots of Free Agents, no waivers, no waiver order, straight up anarchy.I hate this idea...not everyone has a chance to be on waivers right as soon as they are available to be picked up....I hated this last year as well. I think you should have a waiver order, and once you pick you move to the bottom of the list...that way if you are 1st and get the first waiver pick up, you then have to wait for everyone else to have the "chance" to at least pick someone before you get your next choice. Also, I vote that waivers have 2 days of processing...that's plenty of time before games start to pick someone up and know your team.

Last year we fielded 9, had 5 on the bench and 2 IR's.
This year I'd like to field 7, 5 on the bench and 2IR. (Or 3 on the bench and 2 IR. That'd be my dream team but I didn't want you guys to have a stroke over a 10 man team.)
So that'd be 12 guys a team, 120 total, and a really sick field of FA's to work with week to week. I'm also considering how ridiculous the injuries are anymore. The FA field shrinks and shrinks every year because players won't play hurt. That just leaves young, hungry guys to go on and if you keep your ears on you can find some real gems.

Those are my thoughts and what I plan to do unless you guys talk me out of it.
Feel free to b1tch and complain heartily.
See above