View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Here's a discussion point that I don't really wanna discuss, but you guys should get a chance to throw input at it.

Team Size.
I'm thinking this...
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, D.
Or this...
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K.
Quite frankly, I like 7 guys best. If the TE could be TE/QB/WR/RB that would suit me because there's really only Jimmy Graham and Tony G and a big question mark at Gronk. I guess Pitta got hurt the other day, if he matters. But the TE world is thin, thin, thin.

So 7 guys playing, 5 on the bench (backup QB, 2WR, 2RB I'm thinking) and 2 IR positions is my vote. Lots of Free Agents, no waivers, no waiver order, straight up anarchy.

Last year we fielded 9, had 5 on the bench and 2 IR's.
This year I'd like to field 7, 5 on the bench and 2IR. (Or 3 on the bench and 2 IR. That'd be my dream team but I didn't want you guys to have a stroke over a 10 man team.)
So that'd be 12 guys a team, 120 total, and a really sick field of FA's to work with week to week. I'm also considering how ridiculous the injuries are anymore. The FA field shrinks and shrinks every year because players won't play hurt. That just leaves young, hungry guys to go on and if you keep your ears on you can find some real gems.

Those are my thoughts and what I plan to do unless you guys talk me out of it.
Feel free to b1tch and complain heartily.