View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default My Vinotemp humidity issues...I need help.

So my vinotemp has almost 2lbs of 65% hearfelt beads in it. I run two computer fans inside to circulate the air. The drain is sealed. The humidity has always seemed to be on the high side of 65 but not dramatically. Over the last week or so it seems to be rising and when I looked at it this morning the reading was 71%.

So I'm wondering if being in a very humid environment, Florida, is affecting the humidity inside. But typically our "winters" are less humid than the summers.What I mean is if the cooling unit is running a fair amount, it is pulling air from the ambient environment, no? Maybe the ambient air has so much humidity that the beads can't soak enough in.

Since I set this up in June of this year I have never added water to the beads and in fact have tried to dry them with a hair dryer and the oven.

Any ideas? Think I maybe was sold 70% and not 65% beads? This is kinda starting to annoy me.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote