View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #18
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I've noticed cigar smoking has helped w/ my appetite. Whenever I am home and get the urge to eat a snack, I go out and light up a cigar. It keeps me from eating.
This probably goes hand in hand w/ my weight gain and quitting cigarettes. I stopped smoking cigarettes 2 1/2 yrs ago. My weight was between 220-230lbs when I was smoking. As soon as I quit, my weight shot up.
I can't agree with you more. I lost 25 lbs this spring/summer just by going outside to have a cigar at night instead of sitting in front of the TV. I eat when I am bored. Since the weather has turned colder here, and I can't sit outside to smoke, I have gained 10lbs back in the last 2 months or so.
My wife was put on a very restrictive diet to help with her Rheumatoid Arthritis, and has lost 50lbs in the last 6 months. I am diabetic, and need to lose that much also. 50lbs would put me down to 10lbs less then when I weighed in for my sr year of HS football. That would be good.
Gophernut is offline   Reply With Quote