View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experimental 'Armadillo' Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Cool car but I lose the concept of folding.
It still needs the same footprint to get to a spot and then to leave.
If the driver pulls in perpendicular to the curb with the front tires against the curb, the parking footprint necessary would only be the width of the car.
Pull in, jump out, push a button, and the back half folds up and off the street.

What I thought was kinda dingleberry is this...
"The Armadillo-T cannot legally venture on to the road in South Korea because it does not meet certain mandatory criteria, such as withstanding crashes. Suh said South Korea should relax rules for micro cars, exempting them from crash requirements because of their relatively low speeds. "
Right. The crash requirements should be ignored because everyone knows that none of the other cars, trucks, or buses on the road would never run into the Armadillo. That'd just be silly for someone to run over and splinter such an awesome plastic car, and everyone should just be on special lookout for Armadillos.
The top speed of the car is 37 miles per hour. I'd hate to t-bone another car at 37 miles an hour in that Little Tykes toy. It'd be instant death.