View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 10:51 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Alex's Private Blend (Cigar Bundles of Miami)

I buy from this Miami cigar shop a few times a year and have yet to be disappointed. Their cigars are top notch as is their customer service.

One of the owners of the shop had this cigar made recently. It's a maduro wrapper with Nicaraguan and Honduran filler. Size isn't listed but it looks like a typical torpedo size; I'd guess it at 6 X 50. Nice looking wrapper, nice weight to the cigar, good draw.

First few draws...sweet cocoa and a bit of spice. The aroma coming from the foot is a typical 'cigar' smell.

About 1" in...similar flavors and aromas, with the "strength" kicked up just a notch. This cigar is tasting really fantastic. Minor burn correction.

About 2" in...similar flavors and aromas, but a bit of a woodsy flavor has come in through the nose. This cigar is REALLY good. The flavor lingers on the palate between draws.

About halfway...not much of a change, but DAMN this cigar is good. And slow burning, too. I'm at over 45 min of smoking time at the halfway point.

A little past halfway...the woodsy flavor in the nose has subsided a bit, and the finish has taken on a tart flavor.

Toward the end...sweetness on the draw has intensified, as has the tartness on the finish. The woodsy flavor in the nose has been replaced with spice. I let 'er die at around 1.5" and well over an hour of smoking time.

Final thoughts...this cigar is a contender for the best cigar I've smoked so far in 2018. Around halfway through the cigar, I was ordering more.