View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #828
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York Mets 2012 Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mase View Post
Mac, thoughts on the impending Dickey trade?
Kevin. I can't understand why the Mets ownership isn't ponying up the funds to resign Dickey. It's not like he's asking for a ton. His numbers are better then Grienkes in the past two years, granted he's older...but he only wants a three year deal around $ 13-15 million a year. This is the same group that signed Oliver Perez to 3 years, $ 36 million. He's a knuckleballer and has been healthy the past three years. With the Mets pitching issues...to me, this a no brainer.

If we can pick up d'Arnaud or J.P. Arencibia, in addition to outfielder Anthony Gose...it makes sense. We pick up a catcher and a centerfielder. But we still need to address pitching issues...both starters and the bullpen.