View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #39
Hardcz

Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

To start off, I'm a little behind due to a 2.5 week shipping time from our buddy here to me, so I let them rest in the humi for a week or so. Below is what I wrote on Dec 31st....

So after reviewing the Cremosa Silound offered up his worst sticks for people to review. Since I'm up for a challenge and life experiences, good and bad, I accepted his generous offer. There are something like 18-20 cigars, I'm going by memory as they're at home and I'm in a bar.... Yea it's cold in Michigan right now. So I'm waiting on Guinness Stew and drinking an ice water.

I'm starting with number 1, looks to be maybe 48-50 rg and about 5-5.5 inches long. No real armoa from the stick itself.

Pre light draw... I'm kicking myself for saying this, but it tastes just like hay! I've never had anything that tasted like hay before, though this reminds me of my youth, when I'd take a piece of hay / straw from a bail and suck on it for an hour or two.

Upon lighting up there is about medium pepper coming with a dry sort of taste in my mouth. I'm able to nose exhale with slight burning... so far I don't see why this is a "worst" stick of all time.

A little over an inch in and the spice has mellowed down to a light pepper with hints of blah. My mouth tastes like I licked the wrapper of a dirty cigar.

So I'm about 1/4 in now...and the pepper is still mild, hitting the front sides and back of my tongue. The smoke tastes like I've lit up an old recipt from CVS. The nose exhale is getting more harsh.

Seriously...what is in this cigar that's leaving a fimly nasty aftertaste? it's not pleasant, though not the worst I've had.

My lips are starting to tingle.... I seriously think they found some dried leaves, found a way to suction all flavor out of them and packed them into a wrapper that had a similar treatment. I taste pepper, and just a burnt taste like that of burning paper, but slightly smoother than that.... heh... yea I know from experience... was stupid when I was 14....

Roughly half way through and I'm getting a bitter finish with a burning in my throat, I haven't gone camping in a while or inhaled campfire smoke...why does it burn so bad? What did you do to me? Pepper is coming on more strongly now, and my mouth is contorting because it doesn't want to finish, something of a cross between a disgust, sour, and fear. Wrapper is starting to peel a little.

This aftertaste is killer.... I'm letting it rest 1-3 minutes between puffs but now I just discovered I must have a cut on the roof of my mouth because it's burning... my lips are feeling like I smoked 5-6 cigars in a row and it's getting more bitter with the pepper taking a seat to mild.

So a little over 2/3 burned and I really can't take any more. I have a little headache coming on...probably will settle as I drink some water, my mouth burns, tastes how I'd imagine tar would taste for cig smokers. There's a nasty film it seems that's left in my mouth.

So I'm dieing to know what this was so I can strike it from my list of cigars to buy. Overall, it had a good draw, great burn, though nasty tastes. Slight pepper, with lots of nastiness.

I'm working on washing this away.... hmm maybe I'll light up something I've had before....

Thanks for the experience. I'll get to reviewing the others soon.

OH YEA!!!

The food was tasty also.