View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #169
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: (Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
Losing money? How? Got the Benchmade today. It is freaking tiny.. Way smaller than I was thinking for some reason, Returning it for this knife, but black on black with silver screws, plain edge.
"Losing money not buying it" Just a saying to justify my purchase. The LUDT is a fantastic knife based on my first impression test. Fires with authority and has a solid lockup up down and side to side. And will fillet notebook paper. The finish while very durable (after dropping it off the counter onto slate floors) does have a unique feel to it.

Quote:
If I was getting a Microtech Auto I would just get an OTF, in fact once I get a job I see a shiny new Halo III in my near future.
The Halo III is a wonderful knife but for the price Id want something auto retracting. Unless its for a collection.

At double the price for roughly the same size as the benchmade? This doesn't make sense. The UTX 70 is a key chain knife and the UTX 85 isn't much larger than the mini grip. I will say with every OTF ive ever handles ther is always blade play side to side and up and down. Its the nature of the beast, however, locking in the out position is rock solid and very reliable.

Quote:
If you're getting an LUDT get an old one. I've heard bad things about most new Microtechs. Poor quality....the old stuff was better.
I would love to see where youve found this information.