Cohibo Aficionado

First Name: Craig
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
Costa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need some input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
It begins with the budget, Costa. Then there is the grinder. It ends with the budget.

What is the budget and don't forget Christmas is coming.
Haha, so true. Ok Mister Moo, here it goes; after researching for hours and hours, I now realize my journey to coffee/espresso nirvana has to start with a grinder. I am willing to make the investment in a good one, followed by getting the beans somewhere other than the super market. I will be a drip coffee maker during the week, and may play around with the French press on the weekends. I may have to wait to make the big investment for an espresso maker. So let me know your thoughts Mr. M on the following:

1) grinder; I have read all about the burr grinders, etc. What do you recommend as one that I will buy once and be done?
2) probably won't be roasting, so where do you recommend getting the beans via online? I like a STRONG cup.
3) whats your thoughts on a Technivorm and a Capresso MT500? Both seem to nail the proper temp. and like I said, I will always need a drip to fill my during the week needs.
4) espresso machines; whats the price range to get into a good one?
5) I have heard a lot about this, and was one of TIME magazines best new inventions of the year: http://www.mypressi.com/
What are your thoughts?

Thank you again for your time!