Thread: Handgun Scopes
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
rrplasencia
monica lewinsky

First Name: Richard
Trading: (55)
JL Navy (Served With Honor)
rrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Handgun Scopes

not really that worried about the weight for my november hunt, but it's crossed my mind plenty of times. the handgun is a better option for the bear hunt portion of my trip, we'll be using dogs and the 46" long rifle just isn't practical for some of the more heavily wooded areas while kepping up with the hounds.

I can't say i have a brand of choice (unless someone wants to throw some zeiss scopes my way)but i do prefer certain brands for certain calibers. leupold on the 375HH, nikon bucks on the 30-06 and 7mm rem mag, bushnell trophy xlt on the 300 win mag and r-15, and ashamedly the factory howa optics on my 308 but it ust happens to work really well.

you should youtube the steve scott safari hunt with his S&W 500 and the aimpoint scope, honestly i wouldn't have stood 18yds from and elephant (let alone any dangerous game) with an aimpoint scope.
rrplasencia is offline   Reply With Quote