View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 05:32 AM   #17
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: Can a person truly be happy remaining single his whole life?

This is a much deeper question than what it appears on the surface. We are taught as kids marriage and lifelong companionship is desirable. Instinctively we find it desirable to for most of us. When we reach adulthood we are taught it is better to take the easy way out of this decision than to put the work in to make it successful. We are urged to marry young so we can have a full and productive life with our partner, yet when we are young many of us lack the maturity it takes to be successful at the hardest thing you will ever attempt in life.

For me, I have experienced all of the above. Married too young at the age of 19 got divorced at 19. Very bad situation. Married at 21. Still too immature and still regret not trying harder to make it work. Married #3 when I was 24 and 2 years later found out she wasnt mature enough to make it work. At the age of 29 and firmly believing I would never marry again I met #4. We took our time and now have been married for 21 years in April. It is still to date the hardest thing I have ever done. Mostly because I make stupid mistakes and occasionally because she makes me crazy. Do I believe you can be single and be happy? Yes everyone can do this if it is what they want.

The best advice I wish anyone would have given me 30 years or more ago. "Be patient and grow up before you try this. Should the right one come along while you are growing up, You will both be able to wait and grow a little with each other and know when it is right." Dont be in a hurry just because your friends are. Good luck either way your life carries you on this.