Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation
Default Re: iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I disagree on this. Just like when Apple went from the mini headphone plug in the first iphone to the regular one after which.

We are not talking about a new format (which is the device itself which uses the same cords as the older technology). What they are doing is making a change to force buyers to get new accessories in addition to the phone. No one was forced to buy a new tv or stereo because the moved from vhs to dvd.
It was more of an example of changing standards than a direct comparison. You did need to buy a new player to use on a TV, but I only give the example to use as a somewhat comparable illustration of frustration with new standards.

We may have to agree to disagree, but my point is that the standard has been used for 10 years, its not as if they switch connectors every other year. And in this case, they likely need the switch to make room for upgrades within the phone. It sucks that people will have to either use the adaptor or buy new equipment, but the change was needed. Like I said, I do agree that Apple can sometimes use shady tactics with small, incremental upgrades to get people to buy new versions of products.

Also, lets wait and see what changes actually occur and what the adaptor looks like and how it functions (if it even exists) before we really can have a good debate about it lol.