View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mama's Chicken Spaghetti

HAHA, I forgot to finishe the story....my Dad would take me out on Saturday to hit all the spots, and when we would
return home, we would drive through Avondale, where there was, in a row, a McDonald's, a Popeye's, a Taco Bell,
a Burger King and a Pizza Hut. The combined SMELLS were overwhelming, and I would always think,
'Man, he KNOWS I am hungry, surely TODAY HE IS GONNA STOP...I behaved myself in 4 thrift sotres for 5 hours"
But he never did, because at home we had bread, luncheon meat (pressed ham) and mayonaise...and koolaid.
There was no way he was gonna spend TWO DOLLARS on a meal for us when we had fixins at home. THAT was the
point of that half-told story. It's not that we were POOR, but we were gonna BE POOR if we lived like everybody else.
And HE KNEW about growing up poor. A sweet treat for him growing up was a piece of bread spread with lard and
sprinkled with sugar. That is not a made-up story.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote