View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #574
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyDryReds View Post
Had a tin of Sutliff #5 come to house as a sample, so said to self why not another slope to slide down, bought cob pipe after reading MANY MANY threads here, along with cob pipe bought a bag of my local B&M's blend, found the #5 not to my liking and found the B&M's to be very aromatic and a little sweet for me. Now I enjoy alot of different cigars, but before I go and spend a rediculous amount of money on multiple tins, any of you cigar smokers out there have a suggestion for a more medium to full aromatic I could try? I do enjoy medium to full cigars.
Do yourself a favor and try a pouch of Carter Hall (or Prince Albert or Half&Half or Captain Black) - usually found at any discount cigarette store along with some grocery- and drugstores (still).

Easy to find, easy to fill and light, not expensive and mildy aromatic. All of them, esp. Carter Hall or Prince Albert, go very well with a cob and rarely offend bystanders. Have at it.

After that, there are about 1000 other possibilities.