YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
I borrowed a grinder from Steve (Fissure) to process my first deer, and it worked pretty well. The next year I had a butcher grind it for me and add some pork fat. Anyway, I did borrow my mom's KA and grinder attachment once to grind a pork shoulder. It worked but did lack power. I used it to make the sausage for a fatty. I had to stop and clean stringy stuff from the plates every so often which slowed the process down a bit. My wife now has a KA, a step larger than my mom's. Not sure if it'll fare better or if it'll even accept the same attachment. If so, that might be worth a shot. Where do you get casing from a butcher or do you strictly use cello to form until cooking?

BTW, thanks for helping bring a n00b like me up to speed. Any rub recommendations for my pork? This will be my first attempt with swine. So far I've done 5 chuck roasts and a brisket, which think was only a flat. Obviously, I'm still learning. Any IT (for pulled pork), and/or minimum rest recommendations? If I start them tonight they could be ready for dinner tomorrow depending on how quick/slow they go.

Thanks again guys.
I've used two online vendors for casing. But a local butcher would work, too.
Here is one http://www.makincasing.com/x/home.php
I can't remember the other but both are good quality. I'll try an remember to check the other when I get home and post here.

I have a "sweet rub" for pork that I like on smoked butt/shoulder. I'll post that one up, too