View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Golf: What irons to buy?

Here's my dilemna. I have a set of Lynx Predator irons (circa 1970s). They were great irons in the day, but...

I'd like to move into the 21st Century and get some new (to me) irons. I haven't done much golfing since graduating from college, maybe a half dozen times a summer. But, I used to be a decent golfer and would like to get back into it, especially since my oldest is on the golf team.

I also realize that since I am not the golfer I was, and am now a good 5-10 years older that I might need clubs that are a bit more forgiving.

So, I need some new irons. But, I don't know much about what companies are good, which ones mediocre, and which ones stink. So, I'm asking for your help. Guide me in the right direction.

I need a new set of irons

My problem is that I'd like to keep them under $250 (or even less [or much less] if possible). They don't need to be new, I don't have a problem using the casts off of others if they're decent.

So, I await your guidance.

Peace of the Lord be with you.