View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #18
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What is the Best Premium Movie Channel Right Now?

At this point it's a tossup between HBO and Showtime. For Showtime, Weeds used to be pretty good, but gone way downhill. Californication is funny as heck. Tudors is good, but not as good as the first two seasons. Secret Diary, I find strangely interesting for some reason. Dexter is pretty good, but I'm not watching current seasons, getting it on DVD from netflix. From HBO, True Blood is entertaining, as is Hung. not watched Treme. Entourage has always been mindless, but interesting. Not watched the Pacific, but thoroughly enjoyed The Sopranos and Rome. Big Love started off quite good and seems to have gone completely off the rails. Six Feet Under was OMFG incredible.

Definitely some excellent fare coming out from both channels. Starz is just starting to get into that game with Spartacus, watched one episode, lots of T&A and LOTS of blood & gore. Was pretty good. I'll probably go back and catch up once it's on netflix, but I'm not going to pay the extra $5 raplevision charges for on-demand from each premium channel.

Think there's enough good stuff from both the big two to justify the cost for me. FX is better than both together at this point though.