View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #17
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: La Méthode de Jacques Puisais

I have used a very similar method for a few months, where I cut the cigar, blow out through it like through a straw, then take a pre-light draw to test it and taste it. I then toast the cigar to light it, then I blow out again once more before finally taking a drag. This method seems to cut down on the harshness and has the added bonus of allowing me to test the draw and get a pre-light taste. I tried the Puisais method and found it to be a tiny bit more smooth than my normal method, with the only draw back to it would be having to adjust the draw after lighting the cigar. I think I will continue to experiment with the Puisais Method with cigars that I know well and know what to expect from in the draw department, while I will use my own method for sticks that I suspect will have some draw issues.