View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Wire Spool project

Not sure if anyone has done this or not, but I have one of the wooden spools that held wire/cable. It is about coffee table size. (Here is my wife sitting on it)

What I want to do is use it as a coffee table in the "study" I am building in the shed.

Here is the problem... One side has the bolt sticking out, so it is a bit unstable but the other side is able to sit flat as the opposite end of those bolts are inset. It is obvious which side should sit flat on the floor.
I want to take 35 years of saved cigars bands (not all of them, just one from most of the cigars I have smoked - though not of every cigar I have tried, unfortunately) and cover the "top" side with them, and then do a thicker lacquer finish, like on a bar. Unfortunately, the 5 bolts would still be sticking through.

I am wondering if I should simply do something to attach a different material on top, indenting the bottom of that surface for the bolts, and thus producing a flat top? Or, just do it and let the rustic bolts sho through?

I am also thinking of painting the inside green/gold... or, leave it rustic?

What do you all think?

Peace of the Lord be with you.