Old 10-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default That was weird

So I bought a Honeywell thermostat that can be controlled over the Internet to replace the Honeywell thermostat that was installed 17 years ago. I followed the instructions and double checked by calling customer support. Things didn't work as anticipated so I sent in a customer service request from the web site.

Today I got a response, in French, to my request. Google translate shows that the response was stating that they solved my problem and did I want to rate their performance. I did not receive any information related to my problem, so I gave this feedback:

"Your email to me indicated a basic lack of understanding regarding customer service. By closing an open customer service ticket with no resolution, you believe that you should receive accolades. Good luck with that. I'm buying a different smart thermostat. I rate you zero."

Off I go to Best Buy to say bad things about Honeywell. I doubt very much that the employees at my local Best Buy can spell 'Honeywell' so it won't do much good. Fortunately, I can return the product for any reason within 2 weeks.

But I am not bitter.