Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fresh Rolled Cigars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzi16 View Post
i find that fresh rolled cigars are (as said before) a bit wet. however, they can show a progression in a cigar that you cannot get otherwise.

think of it this way, most cigars that you buy online have had some serious time in an aging room. that room is there for a reason. when you make a cigar you are adding moisture to the mix. (this is why most think they are too moist for them) this moisture actually re-starts the fermentation process. if you are able to have a cigar within a day or so of it being made that is truly fresh rolled. after that, you may end up getting some of the ammonia flavors that are a by-product of fermentation. until the cigar settles down (most of the reason for the aging room) it will be unpalatable to many.

if you do get fresh rolled cigars, smoke a few very quickly. then hold on to the rest for quite some time before you light up.

or try them a few weeks out. see whats goin on in there.

As for the AJ freshrolled, i have no idea how long ago they were rolled. days? weeks? months? i have no clue. who knows where they are in the process.
Thanks for the explanation. I think I understand now. I might buy a mazo of them and sit on them if I can. I could have bought them for around $1.00 a piece last night but didn't. Maby I should buy one and give it a try before I order a bunch.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote