View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 09:45 AM   #5
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Christians and cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I would agree with most of it (as I only read it quickly). I try not to get into great religious arguments about things about which the Bible is silent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
I'm with Todd.
OK, I will speak to this a bit.

Where Scripture is silent, we must be silent. Where Scripture speaks, we must speak that - and boldly.

While the Scripture do not speak about tobacco usage, they also do not speak about driving cars. Why is that?
I know some Christians are adamant that any alcohol is a sin. Well, we have wine mentioned throughout Scripture, Jesus (God Himself in human flesh) making wine at the wedding (no, not grape juice). Of course, we also have places in Scripture where it says we are not to be drunk. There is a wise use of alcohol, that would be "moderation."

Gluttony is misuse of food.
Drunkenness is misuse of "wine".
So too tobacco can be misused - when it rules us.

All things in moderation would be the right thing to say, which is what I believe was the bottom line in the OP.

Peace of the Lord be with you.