View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 03:47 AM   #466
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
I'd been wanting to get a 9mm carbine of some kind for a while, but was in no hurry and took time to look at some in person. Also, it's become more of a buyer's market these last 9-11 months or so, another reason to not rush into a purchase.

Today I picked up a Freedom Ordnance FX-9, basically an AR platform in 9mm, that uses Glock magazines. Was able to get a (smallish) discount for cash, which allowed me to pick up a set of "iron" sights to throw on the gadget rail.

The FX-9 seems to have a good reputation, but this was the first one I'd seen in person, so I took the time to look it over pretty well. This thing appears fitted up nicely, and the outside looks like they clean the guns up pretty good before putting the finish on. There are certainly some AR makers who don't seem to think that, even in a really crowded field of competitors, they need to get rid of rough spots that a shooter's fingers really won't like.

Anyhow, I will get a chance to try this out on Sunday, hopefully.
Sounds pretty cool. The 9 is really nice in a carbine with the lower recoil which always equals accuracy.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote