Thread: Starlink?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 03:38 PM   #12
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Starlink?

Got the Starlink in Tuesday, but didn't get to set it up until yesterday. Very quick and easy setup. I placed the dishy (that's what they call it) only about 8 to 9 feet off the ground on top of a pump shed. Since it's primarily for our Travel Trailer, I ran the cord from the dish into the Trailer by sticking it through the slide seal and hooked up the router inside. Streams both tv's in the trailer simultaneously, which we never have both of them on at once but wanted to see. I am getting speeds faster than our home DSL package which is 100 mbps down and 10 up. The Starlink is kicking up to 140 mbps down and 5 to 15 up. Latency is a little higher than I'd like at anywhere from 15 ms to 70 or 80. I have all the hardware ordered for a bumper hitch with a flagpole holder on it, and I will get a 20 ft telescoping flagpole to raise it up higher than it is currently which should improve it.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote