View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #29
omowasu
Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
Trading: (3)
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation
Default Re: I just smoked my first Habano! First impressions...

I still remember my first one - I had befriended a local tobacco store owner who knew I was underage and still sold me cigars at age 13 and 14. I kept going there for a couple years and when I was 15 he happened to have some "special" cigars behind the counter. He gifted me one, it was a Habano RyJ Belicoso (from what I can ascertain). I fired it up while I was there and enjoyed it with him. I was 15 years old.

Needless to say, about 1/2 way in, I stepped outside and sat down on a bench and had one of the worst dizzy spells of my life. I must have hovered there for about 5 minutes ready to blow chunks all over myself . The RyJ was just too strong for my young unadulterated taste buds. That said, the flavors were great, and I still remember that smoke.

Of course, I now prefer stronger cigars de facto. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Comparing apples to apples in cigar size, the Montecristo #4 is the comparable size to the Siglo II. The Siglo II is 9.00 while the MC #4 is $5.92. I've had the MC #4 and they're good. I've not had a Siglo II yet so as far as taste goes, I don't know. But, I know the Sig IV is good but they're almost $3 more than the MC #2.
But each to their own. I'm not knocking Cohibas. I just don't go after them.
They are both excellent smokes, but Ill pay the premium for a Sig II.