View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 08:55 PM   #16
Tredegar
Sing along with me

Trading: (9)
Tredegar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Your cigar journey

A bit of a convoluted story here. It was June 2006 and I was getting married. My wedding wasn't until the 17th and two weeks before that my sisters husband drowned. Now I live in Louisiana, my fiance and our wedding are in Milwaukee and my sister lives in North Carolina. I called her up and asked if she needed some support. She said yes and i flew out the next day. Now since my wedding wasn't for another two weeks, I stayed with her for a few days till i had to fly back and work another week. While i am at my sisters my parents, my half brother and his family from the Netherlands, and a couple of aunts and uncles are also there.

Now before the wedding, not knowing anything about cigars I told my dad that I wanted some cigars at the wedding. Fortunately my sister lived 40 miles from the JRCigar store and my father and I went there for cigars. He got the smokes for the wedding and i got some for myself. I got three pairs of cigars: a couple of Nat Shermans, a couple of Punch rothschilds and another that cant remember. I tried all three and was really impressed with the Punch. It was really good and if it would not have been that good i doubt if I would have continued with cigars. On a side note, while I was there my niece also graduated high school and we had that celebration.

I then fly home, work my next shift then fly to Milwaukee for the wedding. The rest of the folks convoy up from North Carolina and we commence to do wedding stuff. Great time and because of those Punch cigars i got hooked on cigars.
Tredegar is offline   Reply With Quote