View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #14
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Acquisition Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I do not know if this is a real disorder or not, but...

My question was not truly a serious one, more of a question just to get a discussion going of a mildly humorous nature.

Personally, I am in denial of the ones highlighted in red... Sometimes this denial become one of victim, "It is so&so's fault that I have this AD."

I am in recovery of the ones highlighted in Magenta. (Recovery means that presently, I am not in acquisition mode, although I was earlier... and there is the danger that I could slip into acquisition mode again.)

Those in lime are those for which I have am in certain recovery, doubtful that I will fall into again.

And those untouched, are those which I never fell into acquisition disorder, although I have noticed some on this board that have.

CAD - Cigar Acquisition Disorder
PAD - Pipe Acquisition DisorderTAD - Tobacco Acquisition Disorder
RAD -Razor Acquisition Disorder
BAD - Blade Acquisition Disorder

WAD - Watch Acquisition Disorder
PAD - Pen Acquisition Disorder
IAD - Ink Acquisition Disorder

Also, I think that those who join such groups or discussions, they already have such a personality that they easily fall into Acquisition Disorder.

So, anybody else notice this? Or am I way off mark?

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Like I said, I noticed a comment the other day where someone blamed someone else for why they had fallen into a particular AD. It is meant to be tongue in cheek. But, in every truly comic scenario, there must be a kernel of truth mixed in, something to make it believable.

Yes, we could get into the whole reason why people are so easily duped into buying stuff. Is it the commercialization? I do not think so. Where someone has no interest whatsoever, a plethora of ads/commercials/etc... will never set them off into a buying spree.

I suppose we could call it an addiction. I know people who are addicted to Home Shopping Network and have bought and accumulated stuff they do not use or need, sometimes giving it away, sometimes just hoarding it.

I suppose we could discuss the societal influence (do not buy that), or the presence of original sin (not theological discussions please), but neither would be fruitful.

Bottom line, I wasn't looking for a serious answer. I was more looking for a chuckle or two, maybe someone saying, I have... X, Y, & Z ADs. Or saying, "hey Todd, you forgot to add X, Y, Z AD to you list."

It is interesting though how we can slip into "another one" so easily.

Peace of the Lord be with you.