View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #799
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmitchem View Post
Ok. Next question

Really enjoying my two MM Cobs and finding that I prefer the bent stem over the straight. Somewhere I read on here about breaking off a pipe cleaner and bending it to use as a filter which I have been doing and have not noticed a diffence in the smoke over using the filter

Tonight I stepped out side, pulled out my Cobb and loaded it, took a test pull to check if I packed it to tight (which I didn't) and tasted an awful mess realizing I had not cleaned and changed out the pipe cleaner filter since my last smoke. So I just took it out and smoked it sans filter

Wow. Lots of billowing smoke and could really taste the tobacco. What I did notice though was the draw was just a little light for my liking. Regardless, this was probably my best smoke so far with my Cobb.

Does a none filtered pipe have a smaller hole where the filter would go to tighte up the draw a bit?

How many of you smoke your filtered pipes without the filter?
I smoke all my pipes, including my cobs, without filters. Although, the only pipes I own which could take filters (at least right now) are my cobs.

Yes, non-filtered pipes do have smaller draw holes and the draw is a bit tighter. Although that loose draw isn't a big deal, it is a good "sipping" pipe that way.

Peace of The Lord be with you.