View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #791
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmitchem View Post
Thanks again for all the input here

I picked up a couple of ounces of Lane 1Q yesterday at a local B&M near our training area. It was really nice but smoked hot. Was that because of it being more moist than the carter hall and Prince Albert I've been trying? Should I let it dry a bit?

Other than that I'm getting a good handle on the pipe and can see myself smoking one more than my cigars.

One more thing - what do you all do with your tamper after using it? I'm either getting ash all over my thumb from wiping it off or I'm wiping it off on the edge of the sole of my boot before sticking it back in my pocket
The Lane 1Q smokes hot because it is cased and smothered in a humectant, polypropylene glycol, and will not dry out quickly, if at all. Many like it, I am not a fan, too moist and too much flavoring.

Of course, I don't want to suggest in any way that you smoke or do not smoke something simply because I do or do not like it.

As for cleaning your tamper - if you find other ways than the one you mentioned, let me know.

Peace of The Lord be with you.