Thread: 6.5 Lbs...
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #36
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 6.5 Lbs...

Moses, great advice. Rob, like was mentioned earlier, go get a blood work up. It will tell you a lot of things and whether there is anything you need to treat. It's better to catch anything early than to let it get worse. I speak from experience. About 2 years ago I was diagnosed as type two at age 42. In about a year, I lost enough weight to get off all meds, my blood sugar is under control, blood pressure is normal and I feel great.

Learn to love veggies. Theyre low in calories, high in vitamins and fiber. You can eat a lot of them to fill you up without taking in a lot of calories. Plus they're cheap.

You asked about a cheap exercise activity. One word, walking. 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. If you can't do it all at the same time, which would be best, do 2-15 minute sessions. The key is to do a pace that gets the heart rate up. If your just doing a leisurely stroll, it's not going to help as much as if you're doing a 4+ mph pace. That's how I started. Lost a LOT of weight that way.

If you have any questions, you can always shoot me a pm.