Thread: 6.5 Lbs...
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #35
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 6.5 Lbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
I have tried the husks before... didn't really do a lot for me, but then again it could just be because I am taking it so much more seriously now...

It worries me you mention diabetes... my mother developed adult onset diabetes at 45ish... she has got it under control and it didn't really affect her too bad I think other then her energy levels and she would take a lot of naps after eating carbs...

No calipers in my possession... I admit I am not too much a fan of them...
Ok, make the husks mandatory for one month, twice a day with a 12 oz water after a glass of water with the husks. The fiber will do a lot and take 30 minutes before meals.

Read up on low glycemic foods (and low sodium) and stick with them. Limit alcohol to 0-3 normal drinks a week (I know sucks), but the right diet and plenty of water will allow you to get the gym and not go through energy swings. Water and right food are critical.

Find a place to get your blood pressure taken. It sounds like you are big guy, so make sure they have the right cuff for your arm or the numbers will be off (and higher). Keep a journal, include time, pulse, mood, and when last exercised after blood pressure reading.

One other key suggestion is a pedometer. Your daily goal, I don't know enough to suggest, I am sure someone else here can... Make sure you hit that goal every day. I don't care if you have to walk up and down you street for 30 minutes...