View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 01:22 PM   #15
JFS737
Just in from the Storm

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
Navy (Served With Honor)
JFS737 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chancellor Humidor, Difference?

Hi Sola,
I know I'm a bit late but since I have one, I thought I'd chime in. New here as well but here goes.
Looks like they are identical to me, just different branding or marketing. Mine is the Chancellor for cheaphumi. If I had read the reviews on here I'd have passed but I'm glad I didn't. Yes, it's not a nice custom box. It's laminated and cheap, but....

It looks decent, it is large, and relatively inexpensive and has tempered glass and most of all, it holds humidity very well right out of the box. The hygrometer is junk (replaced it), the handles are cheap and you can see some joints on the interior are not great. The spanish cedar lining is paper thin. But, the shelves are heavy cedar and there are many dividers as well.

The unit holds humidity very well with a Cigar Oasis Excel and about 160 cigars (and growing fast) in there. It only comes on every 20-30 minutes for about 5 seconds! The lid passes the drop test nicely. I like the glass top (keep it away from lots of light). It's a cheap way to get 300 cigars taken care of, but you mileage may vary. Maybe I got lucky?

Regards,
John in Md
JFS737 is offline   Reply With Quote