View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #19
turboaf

Default Re: DYI Travel Humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I understand that you are just trying to help, but there seem to be a few things you are unaware of or you are confusing Bic with Zippo.

That is completely incorrect about the fuel in a Bic, it's actually on par with the higher grade fuels for the torches, which BTW, is mainly just to keep the mechanics in the torches from gumming up and the burner from coking up.

To even think that a chemically treated piece of wood is going to burn cleaner is foolish.

As for the flavor, laughable. Ever been to a cigar factory? Pretty much all you'll ever find are bic lighters. Last time I checked, the blenders, owners and QC guys who are all using Bic lighters probably know a lot more about what can and can't taint the flavor of a cigar than someone with 8 months experience smoking cigars.

Now, if you were confusing Bic with a liquid fueled Zippo, then yeah, depending on the fuel in the Zippo, it might mess up the flavor. Some fuels are worse than others. The Ronsonol yellow-bottle fuel is horrible, Zippo white/black can actually burns pretty clean and might not be noticeable on the stronger cigars.

I second that thanks from pnoon Adam for the clarification.