View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 06:54 AM   #69
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fa

Thanks for the replies. I smoke the majority of my cigars out back and was thinking about doing the same with a pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
It is said new briar pipe should never be smoked where a breeze is present. A slight breeze across a bowl can damage the pipe until it is well broken in (i.e., has a carbon-cake developed inside the bowl). I wouldn't be worried about a cob or a meer in that respect.
This is what I was worried about, so I plan on buying a cob pipe first to see if it's for me and then I'll take it from there. My dad used to smoke pipes some 30 years ago, so I might also try one of his meers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Anyways, some aromatic tobacco, and some non aromatic have a very good "room note" I think that is what its called anyway. Its when the 2nd hand smoke from the pipe actually smells pleasent. Some baccys that I smoke oddly enough I am allowed to smoke inside. When the Wife sees me inside with the pipe I always get the " That better not be that stinky smelling pipe ".
That's an interesting angle on smoking inside. I'll have to suggest it. Do you always smoke in the same spot when you smoke inside? The reason I ask is I'm wondering about any discoloration on the ceiling from the smoke.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote