View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #15
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone have this endtable humidor?

Hey Al I have a very similar model which also originally came from cheaphumidors (seen here) and it works great.

I picked it up from craigslist for dirt cheap. I am currently using it for a few loose singles and I keep all my empty boxes in it to keep the rh stable. I put a few pounds of Scotts beads in it and I swear to god that thing has not moved off of 65% in a few weeks. I am actually EXTREMELY surprised at how well it holds humidity, or maybe more surprised how well Shilalas beads work
I am currently using 2 lbs of beads, 2 oust fans, and a cigar oasis that has no water in it. Seriously NO water. It is the old school model and I ripped all the foam out real good and put a few ounces of distilled water in it just to get the beads where I wanted them and then emptied the water out. Now it is just used as a mini fan to help circulate the humidity.

I have all my sticks in my vino and that thing is so solid that I did not wanna transfer the sticks over. Especially since it is pimped out with Scotts drawers and his beads and because it gets so hot down here in the summer.
(If it sounds like I am pimpin out Scotts products thats because I am. I love that guy)

Soooo to answer your question it works great and I am sure you will be very pleased if you decide to get one. I am sure that someday you will want something bigger but that is up to you to decide.

I Dont know if this helps you out at all but I tried.